Home Conference Guidelines for Paper
We have prepared these notes to help those intending to present a paper. If you wish to present a paper, please remember these requirements:
The quality of our conference as a whole vitally depends on the relevance and interest of the papers, together with the standard of presentation. Recent submissions suggest that they are improving from the last year. Please help us make the conference the best yet!
- Papers should reflect the conference theme: "Ethiopian Youth".
- Proposals for papers need to be submitted for approval by April 1, 2008 [full papers] and April 15, 2007 [short papers].
- Speakers of approved papers are required to send the full text of their papers, including an abstract, to the office by the date announced. They should be single-spaced, A4 page size, 12 point font size, in Word or RTF format.
- A conference paper consists of:
- Title of the paper
- Name(s) of speaker(s), their Institution, city and country
- Abstract of approximately 100 words, summarizing the presentation
- Full text
- The minimum length [short paper] is 4 pages and the maximum length [full paper] is 10 pages (single-spaced A4).
- If you are preparing a Power Point Presentation with the paper, it should be integrated into ONE single Word document.
- Power Point Presentation, without accompanying speaking texts, will not be accepted as papers.
- Papers may be written and presented in Amharic and English languages.
- Please avoid using unexplained acronyms, sets of initials, jargon and phrases which a diverse audience may not understand.
- The full text of the paper with abstract must be submitted at info[at]tsehaiconferences.com no later than April 15, 2008. It will then appear on our website. Earlier submission would be appreciated.
- Abstracts submitted after this date will not be posted on our website until after the conference. They will not be included in the Program book. Speakers are therefore urged to comply with this deadline.
- It is Tsehai's policythat speakers are responsible for all the expenses involved in attending the conference. However, limited funds may be available to cover the registration fees (but not other expenses). Please contact us early for details before our speakers limited space are full.
- Tsehai has first publication rights to papers presented at the conference. If it is selected the paper may qualify to be published on International Journal of Ethiopian Studies upcoming issue.
Volunteer with us
If you're interested in volunteering for us, but want to know more before committing yourself, read what our volunteers have to say. ...